I have a strong track record of driving innovation. During my time at British Telecom I was part of the transition from analogue TV to Digital, this continued when I joined Myrio (acquired by Siemens) who were one of the first to deliver IPTV services in the US.
As part of Disney Movies Anywhere I received a 2016 Chairman’s Awards for Advancement in Accessibility for the Descriptive Audio feature that allowed the visually impaired to enjoy Pixar movies in theaters and in the home through delivery of a descriptive audio track synced to movie playback. I partnered with film makers at Pixar and the visually impaired community to build, test and deliver this innovative feature.
Innovation is one of the core drivers for advancement in accessibility for people with disabilities. The Chairman’s Awards for Advancement in Accessibility (Chairman’s AAA) is an FCC program recognizing products, services, standards and other innovative developments that improve the experience of people with disabilities in telecommunications and technology.
Guide Dogs for the Blind Article
I have received 5 Disney Inventor Awards, for filing of the following patents:
- Automated device authorization and reauthorization – Granted 12/06/2016
- Adjusting media availability via a content consumption activity dashboard – Filed 06/25/2015
- Generating dynamic temporal versions of content – Filed 06/19/2015
- Systems and methods of visualizing multimedia content – Filed 01/26/2017
- Graph based content browsing and discovery – Filed 04/03/2017